Saturday, July 18, 2009

NDP Preview

We went for the preview of the National Day Parade on the eleventh of July.We waited for almost everyone to arrive and lined up.We collected our funpacks and KFC Zinger meals class by class.Then we boarded the bus after waiting for a short period of time.We alighted a short distance from the Floating Platform and walked the rest of the journey.We took our seats and waited for the show to start.When the show started,it was about 6 o'clock.The show started with a boy saying the pledge many times as they made the rest of the pledge into a jumble of words.Once that was over,the hosts came out.I recognised all of them except Miss Vendetta,a radio DJ from Class 95 F.M..They were Mark Lee,Michelle Chong,Sergeant Dola and Miss Vendetta.A show about how Sang Nila Utama found Singapore followed.The Red Lions were next.The sky was filled with their red parachutes as they parachuted down from a very high height.I really enjoyed seeing them come down.We also sang a lot of songs,did a lot of drumming and the Marina Wave.Ernest sang until he was hoarse.My favourite part was the show performed by the Air Force,Army and Navy.During the 21 Gun Salute,Eva kept on shrieking whenever a shot rang out.I felt very happy because this time we could see the guns and hear it.We were singing the National Anthem when the heavens opened up and buckets of rain were poured on to us.I found that it was another of my favourite parts,and I think everyone should think so too,even if we were drenched to the bone.Of course,I am just typing what I found the most fun and enjoyable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment